Large-scale operation at the Prodega in Basel.
It’s just before eight thirty on Thursday morning when the fire brigade and police in Basel have to go on a mission. In the Prodega grocery store on Singerstrasse, an employee had mixed cleaning agents together incorrectly and chlorine gas was released.
Three people were slightly injured in the chemical accident, eight others were uninjured. Her health was checked in a large ambulance.
No major danger for people and the environment
The fire brigade had previously evacuated the property and called in experts. They quickly gave the all-clear: no danger to the environment.
The criminal police are now investigating exactly what happened in the chemical accident. (nad)