House in Bünzen AG evacuated
The couple suddenly had to vomit
An apartment building in Bünz AG had to be evacuated on Tuesday. A couple lit a wood stove in their apartment the night before. Toxic gases were released.
A couple from Bünz AG suddenly felt sick and dizzy, and the dog was not doing well either. They called the ambulance. (icon picture)
On Tuesday, a couple from Bünzen AG and their dog suddenly felt bad, as the Aargau cantonal police wrote in a media release. They vomited and felt dizzy. Neither of them knew what could be behind it. The dog was also bad. So they called 911. An ambulance, the police and the fire brigade responded.
The couple was examined and emergency services found carbon monoxide poisoning. So she was taken to the hospital. The dog was taken to a vet.
They had fired up their furnace
All three are doing well now. To be on the safe side, the apartment was ventilated and the other residents were instructed to leave the building. They were able to return to their homes a little later.
But where did the carbon monoxide poisoning come from? According to the police, there is a wood-burning stove in the affected apartment, which the residents had lit the night before. Along with certain specifications of the furnace used to heat the building, an unnoticed smoldering fire must have allowed the odorless, toxic gas to spread throughout the home. (lrc)