Netflix documentary about Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan
“Much worse than the royals imagine”
How explosive is the Netflix documentary about Harry and Meghan that starts Thursday? An insider suspects she’ll sway audiences to the Sussexes’ side. In royal circles, on the other hand, it is believed that the couple have run out of ammunition.
The long-awaited Netflix documentary about Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan is scheduled to be released on December 8th.
Michael ImhofDesk Manager People
Royal fans are eagerly awaiting the release of the Netflix documentary about the life of Prince Harry (38) and Duchess Meghan (41). The trailer was released last week, and many spoke of a declaration of war on the British royal family due to the overlapping dates with the trip to the US by Prince William (40) and Princess Kate (40). The first part of the six-part series is set to come out on Thursday – and shake up the royal world if a Netflix insider is right.
“It’s a lot worse than the royals even imagine,” a source from the streaming service told Britain’s Mirror. “I’ve been told that the documentary will be absolutely explosive and very damaging.” The anonymous person expects there will also be shifts in sympathies for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “Many are either pro-Harry-and-Meghan or pro-William-and-Kate, but it is suspected that the documentary will sway people to the side of the Sussexes.”
It could be looking positive for the Sussexes
Prince Harry will certainly face criticism as some believe he is stabbing his family in the back, the source added. “But if what eventually airs is as seismic as we think it could be positive for the Sussexes, too.” Rumors that the documentation was toned down after the death of Queen Elizabeth II († 96) on September 8, 2022 are wrong.
In royal circles in Great Britain, meanwhile, they want to downplay the scope of the Netflix series. Harry and Meghan would “run out of ammunition,” says a palace insider. “What else is there to say?” Another source expects the documentary to be similar to the explosive interview with Talk legend Oprah Winfrey, 68, in March 2021. “Oprah with more tears. I can’t imagine what else Meghan could have saved from the Oprah interview.” Still, a third Royal insider admits that “everyone would prefer the documentary didn’t exist.”
In Spiderman costume: Prince Harry surprises orphans with a Christmas greeting(00:48)
Harry didn’t want to get one over on the British
The renegade royal couple continues to be a hot topic in British media. Recently, rumors surfaced that Prince Harry wanted to snub the British people by interviewing him at Winfrey. “These Brits have a lesson to learn,” he said. A spokesman now denies this. The duke, “who served his country for ten years,” believes this is a diversionary maneuver. He “never spoke badly about the British public.”