Six of the twelve nominees are winter sports enthusiasts
Who will be Swiss athlete of the year 2022?
Who is the best Swiss athlete of the year? This question will be answered at the “Sports Awards 2022” on December 11th.
Who will succeed Marco Odermatt and Belinda Bencic?
Six male and six male athletes are fighting to succeed Belinda Bencic and Marco Odermatt. As the best athlete and best female athlete of the past year. After an extremely strong year, the focus is primarily on Swiss winter sports enthusiasts. With Michelle Gisin, Mathilde Gremaud, Lara Gut-Behrami, Corinne Suter, Beat Feuz and Marco Odermatt, six of the twelve nominees do snow sports.
For women, the following six athletes are available:
- Michelle Gisin, Alpine skiing; Olympic gold combination, Olympic third place in Super-G, five World Cup podiums
- Mathilde Gremaud, ski freestyle; Olympic Gold Slopestyle, Olympic Bronze Big Air, 2nd X-Games Slopestyle
- Lara Gut-Behrami, Alpine skiing; Olympic gold Super-G, Olympic bronze giant slalom, five World Cup podiums (including two wins)
- Mujinga Kambundji, athletics; European Championship gold 200 meters, European Championship silver 100 meters, World Championship gold 60 meters (indoor), a podium in the Diamond League 200 meters, Swiss records over 100 and 200 meters
- Marlene Reusser, bike road; World Championship bronze time trial, European time trial champion, one stage win World Tour (Tour de France Femmes)
- Corinne Suter, Alpine skiing; Olympic gold downhill, 2nd downhill World Cup, three World Cup podiums (one win)
For the men, the following six athletes are available:
- Simon Ehammer, Athletics; World Championship bronze long jump, European Championship silver decathlon, World Championship silver heptathlon (indoor), two podiums in the Diamond League (long jump), Swiss record in long jump and decathlon
- Beat Feuz, Alpine skiing; Olympic gold downhill, 2nd downhill World Cup, seven World Cup podiums (including one win)
- Marco Odermatt, Alpine skiing; Olympic gold in giant slalom, 1st overall World Cup, 1st giant slalom World Cup and 2nd Super-G World Cup, 16 World Cup podiums (seven victories)
- Noè Ponti, To swim; EM silver in the 100 meter dolphin, World Championship silver in the 200 meter dolphin (short course/2021), two Swiss records
- Nino Schurter, mountain bike; World Championship gold in cross-country, 1st overall World Cup, six World Cup podiums (including one win)
- Joel Wicki, swing; Schwingerkönig, winner of three other wreath festivals (mountain wreath festival Rigi, Zuger Kantonalfest Baar, central Swiss wrestling festival Ennetbürgen)
You can vote during the TV show. During the show, viewers can vote for their favorite or their viewers. In addition to people who are enthusiastic about sports, the national sports media and top Swiss athletes from Swiss Olympic are also entitled to vote. The votes are weighted one third each.
The prize will be awarded on Sunday, December 11, 2022 from May 20th on SRF 1. The gala will be moderated by the two SRF presenters Fabienne Gyr and Rainer Maria Salzgeber.