The public prosecutor’s office in Düsseldorf announced on Friday that he had prepared an attack on the people in the high school he attended this Friday.
A judge sent the German teenager into custody. The arrest warrant had been requested, among other things, for the preparation of a serious act of violence that endangered the state. The high school student is said to have procured objects for building bombs and made them. In addition, he is said to have procured weapons, the Attorney General’s Office reported.
According to a witness, the police stormed the 16-year-old’s family’s apartment on Thursday morning and arrested him. Extensive evidence was secured. The police had come across right-wing extremist writings and materials on bomb construction. Explosives and 16 tubular bodies, some prepared with clocks and nails, were secured, as well as a home-made rifle and a crossbow with arrows.
The arrest warrant had also been requested against the high school student for violating the Weapons and Explosives Act and for preparing an explosives explosion, it said on Friday. A classmate had sounded the alarm: the 16-year-old had told him he wanted to place a bomb in his school.
The student’s current and former schools were then searched with explosives detection dogs. No suspicious items were found. The measures have now been completed. The youngster’s current school, the Don Bosco Gymnasium in Essen in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, remained closed on Friday.
“The teaching staff will come together at school to reflect on what happened and to prepare for the following days. This also includes the important oral Abitur exams next Monday, »explained the school management on the school website. “We are grateful that we were spared worse.”