Three meter long constrictor
Python bites Bub (5) and pulls him into the pool
A five-year-old narrowly escaped death. A three-meter python tore the boy into a pool.
The python that tore a boy into a pool in Australia was three meters long. (symbol photo)
A five-year-old boy survived an attack by a 10-foot constrictor in Australia. The boy, named Beau, was playing at the edge of a pool in the southeast Australian coastal town of Byron Bay when a python bit him, fell into the water and wrapped itself around one of his legs, his father told radio station Nine on Friday.
“I think the python was kind of sitting there waiting for a victim – a bird or something – and then it was Beau,” says his father.
Grandfather pulled boys out
The boy’s 76-year-old grandfather jumped to the rescue, dove into the pool and pulled the boy out with the snake still around his leg.
Beau’s father kicked the python off his leg and tried to calm the situation. “I’m not a little guy, I freed him in 15 to 20 seconds,” he told the radio station. The boy fought bravely.
“After we wiped the blood away and told him he wasn’t going to die because it wasn’t a venomous snake, he was actually pretty good.”
«So it is where we live»
Pythons are not poisonous. However, the five-year-old is being treated to prevent the bite from becoming infected.
His father said the snake had been released again. But: “The naughty thing has returned to the scene of the crime,” said the father. Australia is known for its unique but also dangerous wildlife. “Look, that’s where we live,” he dismissed the encounter with the snake. «This is Australia. They’re out here.” (AFP)